Monday, March 26, 2007

BlueJohn

My dad always called skimmed milk BlueJohn. I don't know why. He wouldn't drink the stuff, always had to have whole mile, preferably still warm out of the cow! I and my family drink Hi-Pro skimmed milk, switching from 2% several years ago when we became heart-health conscious. Didn't take long to get used to the difference, which was mostly mouth feel more than a difference in the taste.

On Mondays I bring a quart of skimmed milk to keep in the refrigerator at the office for my morning cereal. Today, my quart of milk is still sitting in my refrigerator at home! In my rush out the door I simply forgot it! So I had to run to the little deli near the office and by a pint of milk. They had either whole milk or 2%, so I opted for the 2%.

That little 2% really makes a difference! There was an oily film on my bowl after I ate my cereal, and my mouth tasted like I had eaten a little spoon of oil. I never realized the profound difference that little 2% would make!


This morning I walked into the coffee bar down from my office. Five boxes of donuts!! Get Thee Behind Me Satan!!! Still wearin' my halo!

No comments: