Tuesday, October 17, 2006

1984 to 2006

In 1984 I weighed 105 lbs. In 22 years I have added over half that, meaning I am One and a Half Skinny Broads Living in a Fat Woman! How depressing that is.

I know I'll probably never be 105 again. Actually when I look back at pictures I looked pretty anorexic! Except for Hollywood standards, but for normal people I was considered underweight at best. But I figure that being underweight slightly is a lot healthier than being grossly overweight as I am now!

So here I am . . . this morning weighing in at 170.2 disgusting pounds . . . sick of being obese. There! I said it! Yes I am obese!! Crap. I know I can't lose 5 pounds a week. They say 1/2 to 1 pound per week is the most one should try for and be healthy, but for me to lose 50 pounds . . . that would take 2 years! Arrrgghhhhhh! So, for this moment, my goal is to lose 1 . . . yes One . . . pound. Then my goal is to lose another pound. That's all I can do. One pound at a time. One . . Stinking . . Blob . . of Fat . . at . . a . . time . . . !

5 comments:

Lori said...

My husband weighed 450 lbs. He cut out all meat, eggs and dairy from his diet. This is no lie one year later he was weighing in 250lbs less. It has now been three years he is at 220lbs. I am so very proud of him. You can do it if you put your mind to it.

Former Skinny Person said...

Wow! That is so amazing! That's nearly 5# a week! You have a right to be proud and he has such a right to be proud of his accomplishment! So maybe I can do this after all . . . ?

Patience said...

I am so proud that you haven't given this up! I know that it's hard to do, it's hard to pass up all that fattening stuff that shows up in your office! You can do it! RahRahRah!!

Anonymous said...

welcome to the blog community...i found you today through AFG! welcome aboard...keep in touch...it can work!

Former Skinny Person said...

Thanks for the comments, all! I didn't think anyone would notice my blog this early! (Except for Patience, who has to say something nice to me! <~smile~>