Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Water, Water, Everywhere!

I've always heard we're supposed to drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water every day, equating to 64 ounces. Then I heard that on some diet plan you should drink 1/2 your weight in ounces of water every day. Now I've heard of a diet plan called Before During After where you drink a cup of water before, during and after each and every meal you eat, including snacks.

There are several ideas behind all this glug-glug-glug. Supposedly when we're chronically dehydrated, the body signals this to mean we're hungry when we're really just thirsty. And of course when you drink this much water, your stomach is full and can't hold much more food.

I think it's because you don't have time to eat because you're always peeing! Not to mention all the exercise running back & forth to the potty!

1 comment:

Grumpy Chair said...

I've been drinking decaffeinated tea recently to curb that 3:00 pm snack urge that I get. Today I bought Chai Honey Flavored, but haven't tried it yet.