Thursday, November 16, 2006

Breakfast Dude Day

Thanks Grumpy and all the rest for your support. Yes today is Thursday, the day when the really nice guy brings all the really good stuff to the office for breakfast. Most of the time I have been completely avoiding him and his goodies, but I did indulge a little today. Didn't go overboard though. And all has been mostly well.

It's November. Halloween passed with little problems, Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the next bend. My goal for the next few weeks is to enjoy the holidays, not remain on a strict weight loss regimen, but not go crazy eating everything I can stuff in my face either. After the first of the year then I can get serious about it again. Not that I'm not serious right now, I'm just realistic about things. I know that if I don't allow a little indulgence, then at some point I'll snap and things could get ugly! (And Grumpy's Chubby Cherub could jump from her camp to mine!)

Thanksgiving starts Saturday, cooking for a meal with the church. Then again on Thursday, with the extended family. Christmas isn't as much about food at my house. New Year's Eve usually involves a pizza party and games. Between these times I'm going to try my best to be good and eat healthy, but I'm not going to make myself (and everyone around me!) miserable by completely doing without all the holiday food.

So for all of you out there . . . Happy Healthy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Grumpy Chair said...

You know, if I could go the next 6 weeks without losing a pound BUT not gaining a pound either, I would be one happy camper. It would be the first time in years, that I didn't pack on a few (6 or 8 pounds) during the holidays.

I like your attitude about the 'holidays'. I think you are very smart to not try and deprive yourself, because you are right, it does lead to "disastrous" results. I hope to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner and even have a little bit of this and that. I just don't want to go off the deep end.

Thanks for all your kind and supportive comments.

Anonymous said...

Our holidays here in Canada are spread out a bit more than in the US - we have t.giving on the second monday in October. So right now, we're just waiting for the Christmas things. Having to eat gluten-free makes my temptations a lot simpler - most stuff I can't eat anyway. Sure makes my life easier! Enjoy! BTW, doesn't it feel good to see the junk around and not eat it? It does for me!

Grumpy Chair said...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday! Stay safe.