Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thursday Hurdle

Today is Thursday, the day when the wonderful man brings all manner of breakfast goodies to my office! Everyone loves him! I love him!! But for the second Thursday in a row, I have refrained and restrained! I grabbed a little bit of fruit, a couple of carrot sticks. But he always brings some of my favorite breakfast treats including various flavors of bagels and cream cheeses. In the midst of all these choices, I always go for the plain bagel, toasted, and either plain cream cheese or veggie cheese. But these bagels are like 6" - huge!

I'm not going to tell myself I can't have one, that will only make me want it more. Next Thursday I might have one or I might not. (I've found that if I don't rush in there when he first gets in, then most of the good stuff will be gone anyway! So it's best if I wait!)

My most difficult days are Thursdays when Breakfast Guy shows up, Friday nights when we go out to dinner with friends, and Sundays when we go out to lunch after morning worship service. If I can mostly control those days, I am doing verrrrrrry well indeed!

Oh, and I've lost two pounds over the last two weeks! Hooray! I'd like to say I only have 50 to go, but then I remember my goal is to lose One Pound! When I do that, my goal is still to lose One Pound! After all, I can lose one pound. But I don't think I can lose Fifty! Psyche!

2 comments:

Grumpy Chair said...

Hey, congratulations on your weight loss - it is all about self-control and learning to say "No" to yourself (and I'm a yes man). Sounds like that is what you are doing with the beloved breakfast man. I like that you are a one pound at a time girl. So am I. I do have a goal of 144 pounds (and I would still be considered overweight by the BMI chart)but I try to just concentrate on the next pound.

Over the years of yo-yo dieting, I could easily lose 15 pounds a month - but I deprived myself of so many things, that I burned out after 4 weeks. This weight loss is going very slow but I'll take it. Plus, I am not hungry. (Ever.)
I eat so much fiber that I stay full and I average around 1500 calories per day. I think the best success for me "this time" was not following any fad diet and just eating healthy, watching sodium intake and walking. I appreciate your support.

Good luck. P.S. - Couldn't you just eat 1/2 of the bagel with a tbsp. of your favorite cream cheese?

Anonymous said...

Great job - keep it down!! :) D