Monday, December 11, 2006

Congealed fat???

I read that one should never drink something cold with a meal. The theory behind this is that any fat contained in the meal would be instantly solidified by the cold drink and therefore harder for the body to rid. On the other hand, if the drink is warm, it will liquify the fat, making it easier to just slide right out of the body! It makes sense on one level. On another, it sounds rather ridiculous. Could this be true??

I've also read that being chronically sleep-deprive (like I always am!) has been linked to being overweight. That doesn't make a lot of sense, but apparently has been proven to be true.

So I think I'll drink some hot cocoa and take a nap!! Ahhh!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I would believe the myth on hot and cold liquids? I always thought your body keeps it's internal temperature pretty consistant and even if you drank a cold drink it wouldn't be cold for long?? But I do believe the sleep- deprived myth, cause if you are well rested you would have more energy- there fore burning more calories? But I'm no scientist, I think the hot cocoa and nap sound good too! he he

Anonymous said...

Agreed. The hot/cold thing is almost definitely a myth, and the sleep deprived issue is likely to be true. Scientists speculate it's because sleep deprivation affects our hormones, which then trigger our appetites.