Friday, December 22, 2006

Time to get serious

The holidays are coming to a close. We have a holiday meal tonight with family which will be very traditional, turkey, dressing, etc. Saturday a few are gathering to open gifts, but it will be mid-afternoon, so no formal meal will need to be prepared. So for the most part our Christmas will be completed by Saturday night. Monday we are having friends who have no family in town over for a meal, but I think it will be non-traditional Christmas. I'm thinking grilled salmon! Yummmm!


New Year's Eve will be spent with friends at our house. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we can spend most of the evening outside with fireworks. Otherwise, we'll be inside playing games. (I like to spend NY Eve at home where I know I won't get run over by a drunk person on the way home!) Food will probably be pizza and, if it's not raining out, hotdogs cooked over the bonfire. (Yes, we have a small bonfire - how else could we have fireworks?! Or that's what my husband says.)


Within a few days, the holiday period of gluttony will be over. It will be time to start getting serious (again!) about my health. Which means getting serious about my diet and exercise. I'm preparing my mind for this so that when January comes my mind will be able to win the argument with my body that, yes we must exercise, and no, you can't eat it all!

For the holidays, my wish for everyone is

Peace
Health
Faith
Joy

Merry Christmas everyone!











1 comment:

Grumpy Chair said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! - Alicia